THE FEDERAL AND MINNESOTA INCOME TAX DEADLINE TO FILE AND PAY HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL JULY 15TH, 2020.
Some things you should know:
- Federal 1st Quarter 2020 estimates are not due until 07/15/2020.
- Minnesota 1st Quarter 2020 estimates are still due on 04/15/2020.
- If we have already filed your 2019 income tax return and there is a balance due, the checks do not need to be mailed until 7/15/20.
- If you were going to have the funds electronically withdrawn from your bank (and you want to delay the payment), please call the IRS (1-888-353-4537) to make arrangements. To contact Minnesota, the number is 651-296-3781.
- The IRS is still processing refunds. It is their goal to deliver the refunds within 21 days of filing. However, some clients are experiencing longer delays.
- If you are planning to do a Roth, IRA, or fund your HSA, you will now have until July 15th to do so.
Please contact your MKS tax adviser for more information.