Tax Department Manager
A wonderful full-time career opportunity with our rapidly growing CPA firm awaits! We have an immediate need for a CPA with 5+ / 10+ (depending on position) years external audit experience in public accounting to work at our firm. Responsibilities include planning, supervising, and performing audits, reviews, and compilations, also preparing and reviewing financial statements, consulting, and specials projects. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, a fun work environment, and advancement opportunities.
EXPERIENCE, REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- BA/BSB in Accounting (required)
Certified Public Accountant
- Active preferred, within one year inactive accepted.
REQUIREMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Required experience in a mid-size or large regional or national public accounting firm
- Responsible for planning and executing key phases of yearly financial audits, including financial statement reviews, compilations, business process and controls testing to ensure a prompt and efficient completion of projects
- Audit financial statements of clients ranging from manufacturing and distribution, to mortgage broker, retail, technology, not-for-profit, tribal governmental, and professional services
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills
- Quarterly and annual reviews through development and analysis of data requirements
- Research and analyze new and existing accounting and reporting pronouncements, utilizing authoritative guidance and determining external disclosure requirements
- Research accounting pronouncements relevant to client issues
- Help foster strong relationships with key members of client management and deliver quality service while performing within established time and cost constraints
- Supervise, develop, and mentor staff accountants/auditors
- Business development
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Experience with audit software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and GAAS standards
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, UltraTax, or equivalent tax software.
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired. At minimum, must have sound knowledge of basic functionality of QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
- Direct report to Audit Department Shareholder and indirectly to other Shareholders
To apply for this career opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.